Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for supporting the finance function in relation to cash management, month end and statutory reporting, intercompany billing processes, maintenance of fixed asset registers, tax compliance and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Execute NZ cash management and treasury activities; including preparing cash forecasts and reporting to ensure funds are available to meet business obligations and reconciling all bank accounts and investments.
- Complete all month end reporting and reconciliation requirements as per the agreed timetable.
- Support the preparation of the NZ statutory accounts and complete any other statutory return requirements.
- Complete and file statistical returns as required.
- Complete all intercompany billing activities to ensure Methanex NZ revenue is accurately recorded.
- Intercompany Inventory - Complete day to day transactions.
- Support and assist the annual budget preparation process.
- Provide assistance to the Management Accountant for the month end reporting process and fixed cost forecasting.
- Fixed costs - Prepare and distribute fixed cost reports.
- Process ad-hoc journals as business requires.
- Adhere to appropriate standards and guidelines, ensuring all work complies with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to increase business understanding and role efficiency.
- Prepare and maintain Sarbanes Oxley narratives for all activities relevant to this position.
Sarbanes Oxley testing as requires.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary degree in Accounting or Finance
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and solid understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft financials or other ERP’s desirable
- Knowledge of the banking industry desirable
- Knowledge of cash flow forecasting and management desirable
- Good analytical skills with an ability to question information and not accept at face value
- Sound knowledge of management accounting and reporting desirable
- Advanced MS Office application knowledge including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To apply for this position, click